I read this book after I had Dallin about the threshold of babies sleeping through the night and after they do it for the first time to not feed them in the middle of the night after that point. Or else they just get into the habit of doing it but not really need it. Something like that... but of course I prefer the "when the baby wakes up feed her back to sleep" solution that I made up myself which sorta works for us I guess!
In other big news, Dallin used the Potty! .... once.... and he hasn't done it since. I got Pranked again! After taking a bath one night I was letting him run around in the buff... and he started to pee on my carpet... So I stopped him and got all excited and off to the bathroom we went. I stood him up on the stool so he could reach. Then he even lifted the lid and Peed into the toilet! So we had a little party and I told him how awesome he was. But now every time I try to get him to do it again all he wants to do is play with the lid or not do anything at all. So much for potty training for now.
I really think I am the fool for thinking that both these great things could happen all at once!
I don't know when I'll be "ready" to tackle potty training so for now we let sleeping dogs lie.
2 comments:
I didn't know about the sleeping through the night thing because Eva still doesn't sleep throught he night and it's probably because I wake up and feed her also....but now I know..thanks so much! : )
Oh those pesky kids. They are always trying to trick us into believing that they have accomplished something new when really it's just a fluke. My advice on the potty thing is not to force it. Dallin will let you know when HE is ready (and he's not going to do it until HE is ready anyway so don't waste your time). Good luck with it all! I know it seems like forever when they aren't doing these things, but they all eventually do. I promise.
Post a Comment