I tried hard to not make Easter about the "bunny" this year and I really tried to sit down with Dallin a couple of times and tell him stories about Jesus Christ and his resurrection. After telling the story about 10 times through the week, I think he might have actually got it. Thats an awesome feeling as a parent.
I also taught the lesson in Nursery on Sunday and had a fun picture/activity that helped the kids understand the resurrection a little better. It was really neat to see them understand and try to tell the story back to me! I'm glad I put the time into making the things I did.
So Easter "bunny" stuff is always fun too, So I hid some eggs in our front room and the kids easter baskets had some things in it, a new book and a little bunny. Dallin had the most fun looking for and finding eggs, especially when he figured out what was inside them!
OK so I had to put everyone of these pics up, I know they look the same but check out Dallin's face in all of them.... not a single good one. At first all I could get was a mug shot so I was trying to think how I could get him to smile, so I told him to "show me his teeth" and this folks is what I ended up with!
Here is a goofy one of Sarah when we were dying easter eggs. Oh yeah and doing that with a baby and a 2 year old.... maybe we should have waited until next year. Sarah started crying right when all the eggs had been put in the dye, leaving Dallin ample opportunity to play in it! All Dallin wanted to do was "dip" the egg holder into the dye using it for bubbles... what a mess! Despite all that I wouldn't have changed anything! Well probably would have got a picture of them both dressed up in their nice easter cloths and not just their jammies!



1 comment:
I love Sarah's chick headband. Your kids are adorable! And the story about coloring the Easter eggs made me laugh. I totally get it!
Post a Comment