I don't know if I just forgot how to feed a kid on a schedule or if Sarah just hates baby food or what the deal is. I'm sure by now most kids her age are eating sweet potatos, peas, bananas and other assortments of jared baby food. Sarah really wants nothing to do with them! But then again who would with a mother that gives you oreo's and popsicles! She chowed these down no problem, and actually would NOT let Dave take away her popsicle! So I can't decide for next month at her Doctor check up what to tell the doc that she's eating... I'll probably just tell him breast milk and baby food since I'll probably get the red light for feeding her table food so soon. I can't help it she reaches for food... so naturally I give it to her! Forget the Doctors right?! (as you can see I'm really worried... not so much)
Thankfully though her digestive system has gotten much better. A few months ago she had the WORST gas during the night and would wake up screaming. This was all due to what I was eating not what she was eating.
I'm happy she is getting bigger... more sleep... but she's not my little babe any more. Yesterday morning (or monday I can't remember) she was on her stomach and she pushed her self, some how, up to sitting! She is so close to crawling she can taste it! This is what I'm excited for, then hopefully she won't get so angry when she can't get to where she wants to be.
She turned 8 months old on monday. WOW 8 months I've been juggling 2 kids. I often am amazed and think about single moms, only because Dave works second shift and is gone all week during bed time. So to all the single moms out there I salute you. Bed time can get rough! I have not figured out a good way to get through it yet. All I know is that once they are asleep that is my time! I often stay up too late and that comes back to bite me in the morning but it's worth it because my kids are super cute in the morning!
on a different note, we were blowing bubbles the other day... again... (what else do you do when it's raining) and these bubbles were, I kid you not, bigger than Sarah's head! Dallin loved it! He loves bubbles any ways but theses were super cool!
On like the first warm day this year we pulled out the pool. To make it more interesting we added a slide! Even though it was super cold Dallin could not get enough of it! This is one of the other things Dallin LOVES, playing with the water inside or outside he just won't leave the water alone. Maybe all 2 year olds love water but I wouldn't know this is my first one. Hopefully before summer is over we can go to a "big" pool and have some fun there!
I can't leave out this pic with Dallin and his oreo beard!
2 comments:
That slide into the pool is genius! Love it.
That's funny cause Bailey has been the same way about food ever sense she came out of me. I swear that's all she eats too! Good luck doing the bed time thing, I do it as well and it sucks some times!
Post a Comment