It was so cute when he was finished he was laying in his little hospital crib with his propped up on the rail, jock the dog in one hand and a sippy cup of juice in the other. In all his groggyness he pointed to his toe where the oxygen monitor was glowing red and said "light on." He just wanted to be held until Dave came along then he wanted nothing to do with mommy. That is normally the case so I expected it. We chilled in the recovery "room" more like an open floor with 4 curtains. There was another little boy maybe 18 months old who would not stop crying until they finally said he could go home. Not Dallin he just sat there sipping his juice watching TV with dad! Then about an hour later they said he could go home!
When we got home you would not have known anything even happened to the boy! It was like a power nap induce by "air medicine" as they call it at the hospital. So now thats done and over with thank goodness! I forgot my camera to document the blessed event so here's my one lonely picture of Dallin in his hospital pajamas.
They did a really great job at the children's hospital. Thank goodness for these wonderful people who choose to work with kids! It's a very kid friendly hospital, I might just say this because it's the only one I've ever been to.
I felt bad because this technically was an elective surgery, but I felt he really needed it, his eyes were getting bad and staying bad almost all the time! Let's just hope he won't have to return anytime soon.

1 comment:
Good to hear it went so well. I think any surgery can be scary when you're the mom. Hopefully, you won't be back to the hospital again any time soon.
Post a Comment