Thursday, August 20, 2009

Gamping!


ok ok so I know we went camping a month ago and no I did not spell camping wrong... I just typed it how Dallin says it! And he loved it as far as I could tell. For about a week before he kept saying it "gamping" because I had a box full of supplies which included a bag of marshmallows and I told him they were for camping. Along with the "pokey" sticks and chocolate covered cookies! He was excited to sleep in a tent, to have a chair to sit by the fire. Little did he know we would set up our tent on the rockiest campsite and not bring enough warm PJ's because it was freezing that night. Dave came up to the camp site for a couple of hours to sit around the fire and spend time with us. To bad he had to work in the morning or else I would have convinced him to stay over night with us on the lovely hard ground! Next year... air mattress, worth the investment! Both kids did so well during the night, better than I expected. Dallin only woke up once and Sarah Slept right by my side so she slept great. It was pretty cold so I was glad to have them both by my side. We didn't do anything really "adventerous" like go hiking or anything, I figure going out the the wilderness was good enough. I wasn't alone, this was the ward camp out and there was quite a few people there to help me out. The cutest 5 year old girl from our ward held Sarah so much. Too bad she's only five or I'd have a great babysitter on my hands! I had a blast overall! Dallin still "talks" about gamping when he sees our supplies in the garage! We will absolutely go "gamping" again!


My little babysitter!


Here mom have a marshmallow!

"mmmm" smores taste good
First thing in the morning

good morning sleepy head!

No comments: