Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Boating and 24th of July left overs.

A few weeks ago we went boating with my grandpa's boat. This is only the 2nd time we've been out this summer. I remember when I was little we used to go every monday night after people got off work. Those were fun times. Now that I'm one of the adults it seems like that is a harder thing to accomplish, going that often. We had a really great time. This was Sarah's first time on the boat (of course I didn't take pics) she was sick last time we went. She loved it as far as I could tell.. she didn't cry that's what I mean!

We played on the shore (very rocky I might add, this is at jordanelle) This was just as much fun as going in the boat. Even though the water is freezing at first it's still fun to play! These are our cousins playing in the water with us. My brother has a wave runner that is finally fixed. I wasn't too sure about it at first but I went for a nice ride around the lake on it. I think I prefer the boat but I'm sure I'll ride again!




Since the then we celebrated the 24th of July, Pioneer Day, Only really a holiday in Utah I might add! Our ward has a breakfast and a children's "parade" we walk around the block with decorated bikes and strollers. The kids had their faces painted, and then we walked and walked like pioneer children. (Yes Dallin has a black eye, the trash can at Mc Donalds attacked him!)

Dave took the night off work so we could light the fireworks that we didn't get to on the 4th. Dallin was a little scared of them at first but after a while he thought they were pretty cool! Sarah like them, I could tell because she would kick her legs in excitement when she saw them. I think she enjoyed the licorice we gave her even more! We went to big fireworks on the 4th at Sugarhouse park and they both liked these too!
Dallin saying "again"! His favorite phrase!

Sparklers aren't my favorite type of firework, plus it was my fault we got the short ones and not the big huge long ones they make now. ( I think those would have been better) But I think you have to have sparklers, I always did! I hope we continue this tradition for a long time!

1 comment:

Kearl said...

I agree that sparklers are a necessity. We got the bad ones too though. I'll do better next year.