Friday, November 19, 2010

creepy, crawly things..... or not


We thought we had bed bugs, so the exterminator came and sprayed. Then the doctor told us no its not bed bugs; it's scabies, Pretty nasty things if you read about it. But oddly enough Dave was the only one with symptoms at first. Then strangely Sarah got a rash but more like a diaper rash. We tried desitin, aquifer lotion, the pesticide cream given for Dave's scabies. Nothing worked. Last night she was up until 2 in the morning, with what I thought was gas (which she did have gas too) but she was just scratching and scratching. Which Dave actually noticed because I was too tired and was giving up the good fight by 1 or so in the morning. Finally gave her some benadryl. Off the dream land finally.

Fast forward to today. first off I'm very thankful there was an opening at the dermatologist (because I totally spaced the appointment on Tuesday), we went he said I believe you have none of the for mentioned diagnoses. The weather is dry, does eczema run in your family? She has eczema. So Grandma has eczema and Sarah's rash looks nothing like it. I expressed this, but he said it can look different on every person. So we got some Rx strength itch cream and some hydracortisone liquid syrup and off we went. Slathered in creams and lotions with medicine given Sarah still didn't want to go to bed. Tonight it was because she was being a defiant 2 year old, not because of the itching. Thank goodness!
Our Pirate Sarah "arrrrghhhh"

We are also starting to think that Dave was not bit by bed bugs or scabies. But it was stress, expressed through a rash. Or because he spilled some diesel fuel on his arm. Not so sure anymore. I guess it's Dave's turn for the doctor!

That's what's been going on at our house. What's been going on at yours?

1 comment:

Max said...

Looks like lots of fun at the Johnson house!