My new goal is to blog at least once a month just to keep up one what we've been doing!
On New years eve my dad and Kanchana came to visit! we had a good time just hanging out and spending time together. Kanchana gave me and Dallin hair cuts and did a great job. We did a lot of eating, we must be related because we both all love food! Besides eating we made a few trips to home depot to help us get ready for the next week.
Along with going out to eat, Kanchana made us some AWESOME Thai food! I wish I would have gone to my grandmas house that day to learn how to make all this. So Yummy!
On top of that my Dad taught me how to make these! I've needed to learn self control since then!
The week after my dad left, Dave's Dad and brother came to town to drill holes in my ceiling!
Where this:
Became This: amazing lighting where there was none before.
(disclaimer: we are real people living in a real house; not a model house with perfection at all times as seen on other blogs)
All the while my semi finished basement became a construction zone. It looks bad now but it's going to be amazing when its done.
Don't mind the giant hole in the soon to be bathroom!
While Dave's Family was here we blessed Emma. I warned the bishop we were going to have a few extra people at church that day. I didn't realize those few would turn into 32! She was blessed by her dad and there were 13 Priesthood holders in her blessing circle. Thank you to everyone who came to share that special day with us.
Emma decided to give us her first smiles this month!
I taught Dallin how to play monopoly. I think he only likes it because it says FedEx on it. None the less he asks to play it almost every day now.
I straightened Sarah's hair and it is SOOO Long and so Pretty! I don't really like guns but Dave might have to buy one for when she starts dating. Sarah has really become a great helper and has calmed down her evil tendencies (a little) and has taken on the roll of big sister quite well.
Dallin started speech school this month to help him work on saying his letter sounds correctly. He goes to class for one hour a week every monday and the rest is "homework" which is a little hit and miss because he doesn't like me helping him. And since he didn't have a hard enough time with his "S" sounds he lost his first tooth! Poor kid we kept telling him to put his teeth together and say "sssss" and he just says, I can't with a loose tooth.
We also had parent teacher conference for Dallin at school and he is doing very well. Everyone loves him and it seems he has picked up Dave's quick wit and humor. His teacher told me one day he was asked to do some writing and he replied "you're killing me, just killing me" I need to write down more of the things he says because they are hilarious.
Random:
We all really like to watch Phineas and Ferb. If you know the show you'll know what I'm talking about if not then just skip this part! At any given point during the day you can hear Dallin and Sarah quoting the show. Recently there was an episode where they all were back in time living like cavemen and speaking, rather grunting like cavemen. Sarah acted out a scene from this episode while we were at walmart. saying "eh, bleh, eh, bleh, Eh.... Bleh..... EH... BLEH" It was quite funny once I realize what she was doing. Watch the following clip to know what I'm talking about!
(one of the things I want to remember because it was so funny! Maybe not to anyone else but me)
And that was January in a nut shell!











No comments:
Post a Comment