Friday, July 10, 2009

Tornado Johnson

The past couple of days have been especially rough, Sarah is sick (again, story of my life) and So sleep is not happening at our house. This means my level of patience has been dwindling yesterday was extra bad, Dallin was getting into EVERYTHING under the sun. We were about to go out the door to have dinner with daddy and I of course had to use the bathroom before we left. When I got there discovered that an entire bottle (new of course) had been magically poured all over the bathroom literally. So I held back my fustration and started cleaning up. It would have ended there except that Sarah was crying, due to me not holding her, and Dallin kept entering the bathroom to "help" and was making the mess even bigger. I kept telling him to go away until I was done. 
So while I'm cleaning up Dallin "helped" himself to the fingernail polish, obviously while I wasn't looking because it was in the same room that I was cleaning up in. So in the midst of the chaos I faintly smell the fingernail polish... Oh crap I thought. I found him in the hallway with the bottle and asked him where he put it. He led me to the front room right next to the TV where he had created his master piece all over the wall (of our house that we rent of course!) 
In a panic I grabbed the nearest towel and thankfully got it up off the wood floors. As for the wall there is no hope. I called my mom nearly in tears at this point asking if she knew how to get it off. She came to my rescue with fingernail polish remover, no luck.
Mr Clean magic eraser and I have had a lovely relationship up to this point in my motherhood days... but no more can I call him my friend! So for now we have a wall that is painted sunset pink and a bathroom that smells like tutti fruity orange shampoo! Another Day goes on with tornado Johnson (as grandpa calls him) at the loose! 

1 comment: