Tonight Dallin was having an afraid of the dark moment. My first thought was "oh great we're going to be up all night" but as I was sitting with him we were just talking about the lights and things in the dark not to be scared of and he told me "the light makes me happy." I had to stop for a minute because that really hit home for me. Then I told him the light makes me happy too. Then we got a flashlight so he could always have light with him. He started to giggle so he wouldn't cry and liked having the light so he wouldn't be scared. I told him how Jesus is like light and we can always have his love and pointed the flashlight on the picture of Jesus on the wall. This little teaching opportunity came as a surprise to me and caught me off guard because my focus has been in a million places lately. I'm so thankful for Dallin's sweet spirit. I'm more thankful for the love of the Savior and his light and sending Dallin to live with me. Knowing I can always have the light of Christ with me is an amazing feeling.
1 comment:
What a smart boy!
Post a Comment