Friday, March 6, 2009

crafty or uncrafty

One of my friends who's blog I read calls herself uncrafty but she is so crafty! Anyways she inspired me to want to do MORE "crafts" then I took a step back and realized that I'm pretty darn crafty and why do I want to take on more! currently I have 6 projects "in the works." I get this from my mom it is something we share. We enjoy making things. Another one of my friends recently blogged about how mormon women are kinda "snooty" when it comes to crafting. Michelle's Blog
and I quote:
"Anything that we see we are breaking it down into how we can do it ourselves and do it better. Maybe it is cause we're cheap and don't want to pay someone for what we can do ourselves or maybe it's cause we are industrious and like to do things on our own and be proud of what we've made. For whatever reason more often than not you'll always hear mormon's walking through a craft show with their noses turned up and saying "I can totally make that!" 

So Thank you to all my crafty and uncrafty friends! I have finished many of my projects it just seems as if the list never ends! So here is a picture of my most recent accomplishment. A quiet book for my kids to take to church. I had one of these my mom made for us when I was little (too bad she gave it away) I remember it well and liked it a lot. I took the "easy" way out and made mine from a kit but it still was a lot of work. You can buy kids here ldsquietbooks if you feel so inclined. Maybe someday I'll make another one... probably not!

No comments: