When you ask him a question you get one of two responses:
A resounding YEAH!!!
or an uncaring Huh?
Sometimes by the tone of our voice we can get him to say Yeah to something he might not otherwise agree on.
He says Thank You but only when you don't ask him to say it. (if you ask him to then he won't)
When he is frustrated or want something really badly he will start saying "gotta go" when we ask where he has to go he just responds "I gotta go"
He likes to sing, I can never make out any words but its defiantly "I am a Child of God" or "ABC's" which happens to be the same as "Twinkle Twinkle"
He can say words like "eye" "nose" "knee" "mouth" even "elbow" But he will just randomly spurt them out.
When you point to something and ask him "what's that?" he responds by pointing to something completely different and asking "e gat?" (what's that, Dave says he sounds like pinky from pinky and the brain) So this proves he mimics very well!
One day I shouted someones name to get their attention and Dallin repeated the name and the tone of voice I had used!
He loves to say "uh oh" and 99% of the time it is in an appropriate setting!
He is learning opposites and will say "UP and DOWN" is his favorite as well as "ON and OFF", and "HELLO and GOODBYE"
He knows colors very well If I ask to get the red ball he will get the red ball.
I don't write all these things to sound like I'm showing off or explaining how little I think Dallin talks. I want to remember him the way he is right now. As a cute little boy who still doesn't get into very much trouble. I know one day he will start talking and never shut up! I want to remember these things to be able to tell him later in life what he was like when he was two! I love Dallin very much and life just wouldn't be the same without him!
1 comment:
these moments are so fun!
Post a Comment